The 2013 Fantasy Baseball season later this week. So to get all of you ready for your drafts, i will provide my Top 10 fantasy players at each position. I will start with the hot corner.
1. DET Miguel Cabrera- Coming of a MVP and Triple crown season, there is no one more worthy of the number one spot than Miggy. I see him hitting .330 with 40 HR 130 RBI.
2. NYM David Wright- Wright comes in at number 2 on my list where most experts have put Adrian Beltre. Wright is coming off a 23 HR 93 RBI season in which he hit .306 and stole 15 bases. I believe he is going to have a career year and hit .320 with 30 HR and 100 RBI.
3. WAS Ryan Zimmerman- Coming off a 25 HR 95 RBI season, and in a stacked Nationals line-up, there is a lot to like about Zimmerman. I see him repeating his 09 season when he hit 33 HR 106 RBI.
4. LAD Hanley Ramirez- Hitting in the most stacked line-up in the NL, Hanley will have the best season he has had in a couple years. If he can stay healthy, Hanley will pop 30 HR and drive in 100 RBI.
5. TEX Adrian Beltre- The reason I have Beltre at 5 and not 2 like most projections is because the Rangers line-up will be much weaker in 2013. Beltre will no longer have Hamilton and might not have Cruz for 50 games (PED suspension). Also the Rangers biggest pickup, Berkman, is a question mark health wise. Beltre might not even be in the top 10 by the all-star break.
6. TB Evan Longoria- He is 4th only because of the amount of Fantasy teams he burned last season because of his injury. If hes all the way back you can expect the 30 HR but because of the weak Rays line-up, he will be lucky to get to 100 RBI.
7. TOR Brett Lawrie- Here is probably the most confusing young player in baseball. Has so much power but just cant put it together. I think 2013 might be the stepping stone. I see Lawrie blasting 20-25 HR and 90-100 RBI.
8. BOS Will Middlebrooks- He might be the one of the two sleeping giants in the 2013 Fantasy seasons. At number 8 he will most likely cost you a 10-11 round pick. But he might give you monster production. If everything goes right for him, he could blast 30 HR 100 RBI.
9. BAL Manny Machado- Here is the second of those sleeping giants. The power this kid showed was impressive. Just like Middlebrooks, Machado could be an absolute beast. This kid has 35 HR potential and could drive in 100 RBI. If hes available in the 8th or 9th round, pick him up!
10. SD Chase Headley- Career year in 2012 with 31 HR 115 RBI. Be ready for a steep drop off! You should only pick him up if the names above are not available. I project him to hit 20 HR 85 RBI.
On the Bubble : STL David Freese, SF Pablo Sandoval, NYY Kevin Youkilis, MIN Trevor Plouffe, KC Mike Moustakas.
Want to talk baseball? Follow me on Twitter @TheMultiSlacker